Tuesday 8 March 2011

Busy Days are Best

I’ve discovered my stress levels increase when I have a home office day… On days when I’ve been on the go all day, running from appointment to appointment, having a whole day to myself seemed like just what I needed. Since the start of this year, I’ve had more days in the office than not. This is not as good as I thought!

There definitely needs to be an element to my development plan for unstructured days. When I’m booked for various classes, I have a plan for the day. Left to my own devices, well – no plan! This has to change.

Fortunately, I met a very interesting man recently. Brian Mayne developed what he calls Goal Mapping.

I have the book, am registered for the online version and have networked with Brian’s German colleague, Timo Pommer. I’ve still to map out one of my (many) goals. Which one to start with?

OK. So my first goal is to draw up a goal. Just after I’ve finished blogging and checking out my social media interests and reading the news and….

Ahhhhh. Here lies the problem. Put the laptop away and focus.

Right. I’m off. Will report back when I’ve mapped out a goal.

For now, happy International Women’s Day to you.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment